I've just come out of my tutorial with Justin. I showed him the progression I've made on the confectionery brief, that being the identity, letterheads, business cards, compliments slips, bag designs and the paper stock I'm intending on printing on, including an example of what it'll look like printing onto the chosen stock.
He was happy with my chosen identity, but we both agreed there are a few minor tweeks I should try with it. The type face is fine, but he suggested maybe looking at adding another colour to the purple, like in the word 'Enough', change the O from purple to pink? To represent a strawberry bonbon. Of altering the swirly lines above and below the text, making it thicker? Completing the loop? Or making the lower ones look more like weighing scales? All idea's I agree are worth giving a try.
As for the stock, that's fine. As is the way the purple comes out when printing onto it.
The main thing for me to consider now is colours. Considering the different ranges, such as chocolates, boiled sweets etc and how I might use colour to represent them individually. Especially when it comes to the next stage, that being the packing. Whether it be the little bags you get your measured sweets in to the gift boxes with a selection of fancy chocolates in it.
I've still got a lot to do. But talking to Justin came at a really good time, as the next point of contact to show my work will be in the final crit. I feel the track I'm heading on is the right one, I just need to relook a few things and consider a few others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment