This morning I went to meet with a guy called Lee, from Lowd + Klea. An insight, innovation and integration which has evolved into two specialist agencies- L&K Creative and Leads Design.
L&K Creative is a strategic brand agency for lifestyle, sports, technology and the arts. Leads Design is a marketing communications agency creating work for public, private and corporate sector clients.
Lee got in touch with Fred a month or so back about the opportunity for students to go and do an internship with him. After looking at the work they do and what they're about I thought I would be a great opportunity for me. As I'm staying in Leeds and as of yet, have nothing lined up for when I finish.
So I got in touch with him and explained I was interested and directed him to my website if he was interested in seeing any of my work. He got back to me and asked if I wanted to go in and see him along with my portfolio.
I went along this morning, after spending days fretting about my portfolio. It was up-to-date, but when it came down to the thought of me going and having to show a professional it, I immediately hated my portfolio. So I've re-looked at the work I included and they way I'd presented it. Adding some projects I hadn't considered putting in. I got it together in a way I was happy with, but when it comes down to it, I don't think I'll ever be happy with it!
Anyways, I took it along to show him. We went though it, he wanted me to explain each project and what I'd done and why. I think it went ok, but the one thing I definitely feel was missing and may have lost me the opportunity, was not having any actual completed printed pieces of work. He mentioned there was all the images there, everything he wanted to see, but there was nothing to touch! So I definitely need to look at what I'm actually putting in it. Ooof!
He's said he will get in touch, as he's not sure when would be best. But he's going to come to the end of year show. But I don't know..whether I get anything out of it or not, I stil feel I've got a lot out just going down to speak to him, showing him my portfolio, hearing what we thought, what was missing etc. It'll prepare me more for the next time...
Monday, 18 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment