Thursday, 28 May 2009

Design Context Website

I've spent this morning trying to complete my Design Context website, and I've now decided it's complete. I've included all the content I intended to include, adding a few extras, such as my dissertation 'Can graphic design be sustainable?'.

I had intended, during the last design context presentation, to do a book, like everyone else. But from hearing the feedback, it came about that I should maybe consider putting together a website, what with being 'sustainable' and all that!

Putting together s awebsite is something I'm not overly confident about doing, especially in Dreamweaver. Although we were taught the basics last year, I would have had to spend a lot of time coming to grips with it all and teaching myself what to do, which wasn't really very practical with the time I had left to do it.
So I've put it together using Indexhibit, which took a while to understand the workings of it. It is straight-forward to use, but has many restrictions because of this. So on appearance, my website is really straight-forward and has basic design elements. But for the purpose I was intending, it was practical.

The website address is www.sustainabilitywithindesign.co.uk

So here are a few screen grabs from a few of the pages on my site.
There are four sections to it...



^
1. Introduction
What is sustainable design?
Why become a sustainable designer?



^
2. Who's doing what?- Looking at practicing sustainable designers and organisations.


^
3. Step By Step
Getting started
Design process
Production


^
4. Opinions/Theories
A few quotes
Articles from the internet, books and magazines
My third year dissertation

No comments:

Post a Comment