Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Tutorial with Justin

Whereas last time I had a tutorial with Joe, a joint one with Kyle to discuss the progress of the Salvedge brief. This time I had Justin even though we were meant to stick with the same person to discuss the action plan. But because I am going on the trip to Newcastle this afternoon and Joe has no available spaces this morning, Justin will just have to do!
It shouldn't matter too much, because I didn't really show Joe any other work but the Salvedge logo ideas.

Anyways, back to the tutorial.
I took along my nearly complete Stuff-O-Meter brief. With the website layouts I did last week and my ideas for a flyer or a poster. I took the Salvedge work, the logo idea that Steve wants to go with and the email that Kyle and I sent to the printers earlier this morning.
Finally, I took along the ideas for a new brief I started yesterday morning. Designing identity for a friend who travels around night clubs. Calling himself COOKI.

Discussion about Stuff-O-Meter:
Justin and I both agreed it just needs to get finished now. The website is done and dusted, I just need to prepare it for submission.
He also told me to use the hair illustration with the time line of a hair dryer, as he thinks that's the strongest piece to my work. Maybe a concertina folded leaflet or a huge point of sale poster type thing.
My aim is to get this complete by next week, and also prepare my submission boards for this project for print by next Friday. So I can get it printed during Easter.

Discussion about Salvedge Logo:
It's well underway. Making very good progress. Need to see what the printer says, but in the mean time, whilst waiting for his reply, have ago at looking at some layouts for his business card, letterhead and compliment slip.
Justin set a target of having this brief resolved by Easter, but Steve Edge doesn't seem in any real hurry to have it completed any time soon. So hopefully once the printer replies, it can get off the ground.

Discussion about the COOKI Logo:
Just get on with it. See what else is out there.
All Chris (COOKI) wants is a logo, he's not requested anything else. If he doesn't want me to do anything else then I'll just bulk this brief out in my own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment