Saturday, 7 February 2009

Oded Ezer

In response to my first brief 'Stuff-O-Meter', and the life of a hair dryer, I've been looking a lot at the insides of a hair dryer, all the components and the history behind each of the individual little parts.
With this, I've then looked at producing visuals, in particular, hair styles, with all the individual pieces. It's not going so well. But this typeface produced by a guy called Oded Ezer, which is the famous Helvetica, has been produced in a similar way to the ways I'm looking at, but with different tools making up different parts to a letter form.
It works really well, its simple, yet effective. I think I'm going to re-look at the work I've already done from looking at this new found inspiration!



I'm not too sure what these 3D letterforms are made out of below, but Ezer is into science as well as design, which shows in his work which I like. There's a lot of thinking gone on behind it all.



Here's some more work from Oded Ezer's website



No comments:

Post a Comment