Right...well....not too sure where my head is at right now! I'm not in a pickle, I'm just upset that the last week I've been working solid and what I've been doing has been so far from what I SHOULD have been doing. I started off with the right intentions, but I've gone off on the wrong track, slightly. I just have to take a few steps backwards. It has been an interesting learning curve!
Basically...
this has been our first real crit, once in which you should your developing work since before christmas, so the first of our FMP. The chance for us to discuss one current brief, so I chose to concentrate on my Stuff-O-Meter brief, as that's the only one that's actually underway!
I took in my initial ideas, shown on a separate post...
where I've done a lot of background research, such as the components of a hair dryer, where they might have come from etc and then I'd moved on to visuals. Not necessarily because I felt it was an appropriate time, but because I felt I needed some visuals to take to the crit, so I think I rushed before I was ready.
This resulting in me looking at produce stuff that I thought looked good, such as different hair styles and trying to make the information I'd gathered as nice and pretty as possible....but in fact was totally irrelevant and I'd cracked most of this brief nearer the beginning. Back then I was focussing more on the family tree and time line of a hair dryer, the components, what it's made from, where each of the components have come from around the globe, how many miles they have travelled, how harmful it is etc.
Or even list it, as though it might the ingredients. Might be interesting to look at food packaging too, the nutritional labels and the information of how good/bad that food is for you might be interesting.
Then there's the delivery... I had considered looking at distributing this information on the packaging of the product, or when a customer might be about to purchase it. In particular, print based design. But then, Fred pointed something interesting out...
If my subject is sustainability, then I need to really take that into consideration. So, should this be a print based distribution, resulting in lots of paper and ink, or should it have an online presence, such as a blog (because, no way would I get my head round web designing stuff!), which is a really interesting way I could take it. But then...I would really like to focus on print....I guess I could combine the two, as if I was to deliver this as a blog, then that blog would need promoting...
Hard facts and figures are what's going to be key here. That's what's going to intrigue people to read more and find it interesting to read and hear about this kind of interesting that you wouldn't normally be provided with for an everyday household product.
Wednesday, 11 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment