Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Email to sustainable designers

This is the email that I've sent out to some existing sustainable graphic designers, that should hopefully help me with this research for my FMP, but also my dissertation as well.

I'm not too sure if I'm totally happy with the questions I've asked and how helpful the responses might actually be, but it'll be something to go on!

If I receive any emails back from the people I've sent this one out too, then I'll reply with a few more questions that might be more appropriate. But they might also reply with some useful information that might feed some more questions that I might be able to ask them.

Hello

I'm Emma and I'm currently in my third and final year of the BA (Hons) Graphic Design course at Leeds College of Art and Design.
I have based my dissertation and final major project on the subject of sustainable design and was wondering if you might be able to help me by answering some questions...

From looking at your website I have noticed you are taking into consideration a designers effect on the environment...

1. Is it something you have always been aware of as a subject, or was there a life changing event that made you consider your environmental footprint?

2. What changes have you made to work in a sustainable manner?

3. Do you encourage your clients to use environmentally sensitive processes and materials whenever applicable to a design?

4. Do you think it is important for the educational institutes to inform us about sustainable practice, making it a compulsory subject?

5. As a student who will be venturing out into the big wide world of design in a few months, do you think it is important that I have a good understanding of working sustainably?

6. How might you define sustainable practice within graphic design?

7. Do you think graphic design can be sustainable?

8.Do you think there's anything else you think I need to consider, or have any helpful advice to help me along the way?

Thank you very much for your time

Emma
x


Fingers crossed I get a reply!!

No comments:

Post a Comment